Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Invest In Yourself

So as I was telling my boyfriend a few nights ago, (after a glass or two of wine) that there comes a time in your life, where you need to assess if you're the best You that you should be.
If you've made a couple of mistakes (some more than others), your answer would probably be no. Well, in my case - no!
Career wise, I feel I'm not where I should be, and I'm not content with earning an average salary for the next 10 years. So, I've decided ... (wait for it) ... to be a WEDDING PLANNER!

I've just completed the course at the SA School of Weddings - yes, there's actually a school for wedding planning (and other wedding realted activities). However, if one more person asks me if the school teaches people to get married, I'm. Going. To. Freak!
Moving on - It's been a very interesting and fun learning experience. I believe I'm now equipped to take the responsibility of someone's BIG day on my shoulders. * Gulps * Speaking of which, I recenty did a wedding, and I've got another one lined up for next year. It's not as easy as it looks and it's nothing like that Wedding Planner movie with JLo in it. No Wedding planner runs around in heels and a microphone on a wedding day. It's so funny to me how people who know me agree that being a wedding planner suits me - well, why didn't you suggest it all this time! *rolls eyes dramatically*

Anyway, I'm launching my business next year.It's an equally exciting and scary feeling but I'm grateful for the support system that I have. I just feel like I'm slacking and that my day job doesn't give me the reward I'm hungry for. Does anyone else feel like that? Maybe it's just me, but I've come to a point where I 've realised I need to be the change I want to see. Feel free to check out my work and wedding blog at www.impressionsforever.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment