Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bright or Bleak?

Okay so I guess my outlook on 2014 isn't very optimistic (the hint is in the title, in case you missed it!) With graduation around the corner, you'd expect me to be bouncing up and down with joy, but I'm not. If anything, I'm scared of what the world has in store for me. I'll admit I've already made some bad decisions this year and I don't see it looking up.
On the other hand, my mom has agreed to let me start a new course, and I thought this would be my chance to finally persue my journalism career, however she's against it. "Journalists don't make money." or her new favourite line: "How many rich journalists do you know?" She keeps reminding me that some dreams are meant to stay as dreams. I don't know what's more painful, knowing that my mother has zero faith in me or considering that she might be right?

My relationships with a few people have deteriorated as well. Needless to say that I'm single (again) and I'd rather not go into that. Infact, now that I think about it, I haven't talked about it with anyone. Maybe it's because I know I messed up. *sigh*
I'm just waiting for something amazing to happen, or am I supposed to make it happen?! I wish there were maps or 'How to' books on these type of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment