Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Trust Issues

Okay, so I have to be honest: I've had my fair share of drama and I've disappointed my parents more times than I"ve made them proud. I'm really making the effort to change and be a better person, but somehow, the past always seems to catch up with me.
Fortunately, my Dad is forgiving, he doesn't dwell on something for too long. When the situation arises, he says and does everything he needs to, then moves on. You never hear about it again!
My mom on the other hand... *sigh* she's still  punishing me for things I did more than two years ago! I mean forgiveness is one thing- and that can only come when she's ready for it- but out right punishing me is just taking it too far. I'm not a parent (yet), so I guess I wouldn't understand what it's like, but if my dad can get over it- why can't she? Or even pretend to!
A wise, meat-dress wearing and very contreversial lady once said, "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f*cker's reflection." I guess that's how my mom percieves it...

No comments:

Post a Comment