Monday, October 8, 2012

Keep your small town, I'll keep my Jo'burg

Okay, so I recently travelled to Hazyview, a small town in Mpumalanga to visit daddy dearest! The 7 hour bus ride in the blazing heat wasn't fun but I survived. I was there for a mere 3 days, and I can honestly say: I"m NOT a small town girl!! Now I have a new appreciation for the city. I hate the whole "everyone knows everyone" thing. Although I should add, that small town folk are MUCH friendlier!
So anyway, I had drinks with dad and a few of his friends, we even ended up having teqilla shots. Is my dad cool or what?! I must admit the restaurants and bars in the area are really nice and the open space and scenery (well we hardly have that in joburg). Dad is happy there, and I'm happy for him too. Let's not talk about his attempt at trying to convince mom to make us move there!!



Perry's Bridge Hollow, the bar we went to.







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment