Monday, June 4, 2012

All but a memory...

Okay, so there are four days left until I turn 20!!! And people keep asking me why I'm making such a big deal of it... considering "THE 21st" birthday is the one I should go all out for.... thing is, the last four birthdays have been bad:
2011 my phone was stolen the day before my birthday and mom was pissed at me for a whole week
2010 my grandfather passed away on the 2nd of June and spent my birthday at a funeral (in rural areas)
2009 was writing June exams for matric and parents were on my case cause they thought I would fail
2008 June exams (again) which I did actually fail! lol and lets not rewind to grade 10

So shoot me if I want to celebrate this year, I mean, what if something happens next year and I end up not celebrating??!! I say, "live for today" and another great man once said "Y.O.L.O" so June 16th- it's on!!
Of course mom is against it, but she really has no reason to say no! As usual, dad supports me 100%, and if one parent consents then that counts as permission hahaha. All there is to do now, is to enjoy my last 4 days as a teenager, and the rest will be all but a memory.



Moving on, our house is officially under construction!! I went there last night and the builders had already taken the roof off. As stupid as this is going to sound, seeing the stars while you're in your house is actually quite cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment